Tropical birthday wishes

Recently I needed to make a quick floral card and knew straight away the stamp sets I wanted to use - Tropical Flowers & Tropical Paradise Flamingo stamp sets - from Polkadoodles. I quickly stamped out a selection of images and then cut them out on my scan & cut.


I coloured the flowers and leaves with my Aqua Flow pens and added Nuvo drops to the lilies to give a mottled look.



Whilst they were drying, I die cut a large frame from the Ribbon Gift Frame collection and stamped my sentiment in to the lower corner - sentiment from Celebrations clear stamp set. I mounted the die cut panel on to red card & placed (with 3D foam) on to my card blank.


Next I began placing the flowers on to the panel, layering them up as I went along. To keep the card balanced, I added a flower and leaves to the opposite top corner.


As a further finishing touch, I added random small drops of the Nuvo drops to try and look similar to escaping pollen from the lilies.


I do rather love these stamps and always find a reason to use them (when I can), as they are so very versatile. Have to also say, same goes for the Ribbon Gift Frame dies too.

Another 'crusty day' here in Chez Sims as the weather really doesn't inspire me to do anything else. I hope where ever you are, chinks of blue sky are appearing for you and if they are, please send them this way ...,

Lou
x x x

Products & links:



I'd like to share my card in the following challenges:
Crafting from the heart - anything goes
Crafty Cardmakers - lots of layers
Stamps + Fun - anything goes
Dragonfly Dreams - anything goes
Crafty Calendar - anything goes
Crafty Friends - floral

Comments

Diane Louise J said…
Hello Lou, Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is beautiful, lovely stamping and colouring... your card fits perfectly with our ‘Floral’ challenge theme… please join us next time and good luck in the draw.

Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]
Lovely card. Thank you so much for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx