Decorative Holly Frame die from Spellbinders ... plus blog candy

Daily, for the next week, I am having a "Christmas with Spellbinders" event and as part of this event, I am offering blog candy - a wonderful Christmas themed Die D-Lites die set - which I will ship world wide. You can check out my blog candy post HERE for all the details. However before you rush off, my second project is just below ...

I do not normally go for large, large dies but my eyes were drawn to the Spellbinders Nestabilities 6x6 Decorative Holly Frame Etched Dies and I just had to get it ... a crafters thing I suppose 😉 So for my first project using this die, I just simply cut, embossed and added a small bit of colouring ...


There are 3 dies in the collection and on the decorative panel die, I used Holly & Berries shading stamps to decorate the corners and bring the holly elements from the main die. Now I have to be honest ... I did colour the bow detail on the die cut ... but ... let's just say ... it didn't go to plan and looked 'pants'. I'm not sure where my eyes were when it came to this bit of colouring!


Only one thing to do, dig out the ribbon ... but my 'mistake' need a little more fixing, so I stamped the holly leaves again, cut them out and added behind the ribbon. Ugly wet smudged mess now successfully coloured - phew! I've used Aqua Flow pens, Nuvo embellishment mousse and Nuvo Crystal Drops to add the colour to the main die cut.


Shown below are the main Spellbinders products used on my card and they can be found in the Spellbinders shop.

   

Thanks for popping over and before you go, why not check out my blog candy giveaway. All the details can be found HERE.

Lou
x x x

I'd like to join in with the following challenges:
Crafty Friends - anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut - anything Christmas goes
Emerald City Crafts - anything goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon - anything goes
Simply Papercraft - anything goes
Winter Wonderland - anything goes

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is a stunning card I love the dies and the stamps. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Unknown said…
Stunning card Lou. Your 'fix' looks brilliant. Cathy x
Jackie T said…
Hi Lou I am back again this time to thank you for joining us at Emerald City Crafts Challenge Blog Anything Goes Challenge 4. Hugs Jackie (DT)
Hazel said…
Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 354 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x
Pat K said…
Wonderful use of this lovely die. Beautiful make. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx
Grietje said…
Beautiful card! Love the die you've used and the bow is really a finishing thouch. Thank you for playing along at Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you at our next challenge.

xx Grietje
Grietje's Kaartenhoekje
Crafty Friends Challengeblog DT
This is gorgeous, Lou. The ribbon is absolutely gorgeous on this card. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. Today started our Blog Hop at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and one lucky person will win this month's beautiful Ribbon Club Assortment. I hope you will come by and hop with us. Thanks SO much for sharing your talents with us.
Blessings,
Karen L
Really Reasonable Ribbon
That festive red ribbon just pops! Great card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon Anything Goes Challenge #173.
Sheila Rumney said…
What a sweet card! Thanks for joining the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.
Cindy said…
Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.