You Rock ...

I just adore this guitar die from Tonic Studios and have to say that I don't use it enough. It was great fun to layer it up, inking the edges and adding my Nuvo drops. I wanted it to be the focal point of the card although it should really have been the stamps!


The stamps are a new set called Autumnal Sprigs (part of the Bunched Bouquet collection) and were recently released on Hochanda during the Tonic Studios launch party. I stamped the flowers and foliage on different card and cut them all out. I have also layered several together to create a bigger bloom.


As I said earlier, the guitar was cut twice and layered with each layer getting a good inking. As a finishing touch I added Nuvo drops. The sentiment was made using the Clarice Alphabet upper dies as I wanted the "You Rock" to stand out.


The background was stamped with the "Just for you" sentiment strip stamp, (also from Tonic Studios) and embossed with Nuvo clear embossing powder. Again the edges were inked. The oval centre panel was stamped with some of the floral elements from the Autumnal Sprigs and again, the edges inked.


Even if I say so myself, I do love this card and have already cut and stamped all the elements to recreate it in 2 other colours ... so watch this space! If you are unsure about these stamps, please do not be as they will soon become an every day staple of your crafting stash. For lots more inspiration check out the Tonic Studios Autumnal Sprigs Pinterest board HERE.

Back to work today and am shattered - back to standing for the majority of the day and my poor lickle legs are killing me. I know ... showing my age.

Lou
x x x

Products used:


Challenges
Artistic Inspiration - anything goes
Crafting from the heart - anything goes
Make my Monday - embossing
Addicted to stamps - not a square card
Pammie's Inky Pinkies - anything goes
Stamping Sensations - anything goes

Comments

Juls said…
Eeeeeeek love love love xx
Veerle said…
Great card, thank you for entering our challenge. Greetings, Veerle DT-ATSC
brenda said…
A beautiful card in lovely colours, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x
Jackie T said…
Hi this is a stunning card. Take care. Hugs Jackie
kReN said…
Love your layers. Great ideas here! Thank you for joining us at the PIP Challenges this week! kReN@afourthlife
Lynne K said…
Gorgeous! Love the flowers! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne
Creaine said…
very nice. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
Basslady said…
your card totally rocks!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo
Wendy said…
This turned out just beautiful. I love the color combo and the whole guitar and roses theme ;) Thanks for playing along at PIP Challenges!!
Birdie said…
Love this! The guitar, the colors and your layout. So happy you entered in the PIP challenge this week.
Anila Dikay said…
That's a pretty card...
Thank you for joining us at MMM challenge. Hope to see you again.

Anila GDT
Danoesja said…
Hi Lou
You're card is gorgeous with this beautiful colours and i love how you've put everything together.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
Greetings, Danoesja
Borqna said…
OMG - you really rock!
Excellent! Good luck!
I'm curious and I invite you to participate with a new card here -
IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES
http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/2017/04/ikesworld-challenges-87-anything-goes.html
***
Blessings
Borqna - DT for IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES
Cazro said…
I love this card, Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz DT.
Tracy said…
Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x